Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for next week.)
- Report: After the Haiti earthquake, fundraising by wealthy groups like Humane Society International hurt Haitian organizations that "could not compete with the NGOs because of their foreign base. They had to lay off their staff."
- Agriculture columnist asks: is HSUS only cooperating in Ohio to seem more mainstream?
- Texas Farm Bureau: the “grandchildren of livestock producers—if the animal rights folks get their way—will be selling their farms in a few decades”
- Study: Ohio voters weren't considering the financial impact of HSUS’s ballot initiative when casting their ballots
- Your Daily Shelter: South Dakota’s Sioux Falls Area Humane Society (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)