Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- HSUS’s top doctor is lecturing at “Chicago Vegan Mania.” (But he’s not anti-meat! Naaah….)
- Today's "man bites dog" story: Two dozen Missourians show up to protest against Wayne Pacelle
- Burning question about HSUS: Genuine critter concerns, or power trip in the name of pets?
- San Francisco area shelter director tells Chronicle readers what HSUS doesn’t do
- Your Daily Shelter: New York’s Finger Lakes SPCA (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)
Got a comment? Be sure to leave your thoughts below. From August 23 to October 29, 2010 we will be choosing the two best comments each week of 25 words or more, and awarding $100 (each) to the local pet shelters of the commenters' choice. Click here for more information and the official rules.