Clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for next time.)
- Will the IRS investigate the Humane Society of the U.S.? Six Congressmen believe the IRS should, and we have also filed a complaint with the agency concerning HSUS’s allegedly incorrect tax returns.
- Why would HSUS oppose a charity auction that raises money for animal conservation? The Ft. Worth Star-Telegram published our op-ed explaining why.
- We’ve written before about the links between the radical animal rights organization PETA and HSUS. Now they’ve co-authored a study together.
- Does HSUS care more about lobbying than sheltering animals? Thus far in 2013, HSUS has helped pass or defeat 168 state laws.
- It’s not just us who question the integrity of HSUS. A Canadian newspaper accused HSUS of running “a campaign of misinformation.”
- We recently blogged about HSUS’ top California lobbyist getting potentially illegal face time with CA Gov. Jerry Brown – others took note, too.
- HSUS’s lobbying arm just announced it’s spending $100,000 to target members of the newly formed U.S. House-Senate farm bill conference committee.
- Featured Shelter: Capital Area Humane Society (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)