Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- Not so fast, (soon to be ex-) Governor Strickland: An Ohio farm will challenge an HSUS-inspired 11th-hour ban on owning exotic animals
- Nebraska legislator tweets to us: "I also have Wayne Pacelle and the HSUS figured out. Nebraska will stand up and fight"
- HSUS panned South Dakota because animal cruelty isn't a felony there, but one expert says "our misdemeanor penalties are much tougher than some states where it is a felony"
- The latest on "The Alabama 44": HSUS sent dogs to a "shelter" where uncertified technicians put animals to death, sometimes in a gas chamber
- Letter writer: "Buckeye Compromise" with HSUS was "an act of treachery"
- News from Missouri: "Humane Wayne" is coming to town, plans battle over the "Proposition B" repeal
- Your Daily Shelter: Washington's Benton-Franklin Humane Society, which is trying to expand without any help from HSUS (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)