It must be a bad day for Wayne “I don’t love animals” Pacelle and company over at the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). They’re desperately trying to put lipstick on a pig, and it’s obvious. Today Pacelle released HSUS’s annual report for 2013, which is essentially a rah-rah marketing document, along with a […]
We’re back! Clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for next time.)
- Misleading with a side of dazed and confused: An Ohio rescue group is speaking out about confusion between HSUS and local groups.
- Activists are pushing the European Union to goose its poultry welfare laws and increase regulations on egg farms—which just faced increased regulations. You can’t satisfy extremists.
- HSUS is pushing six—yes, six—ballot measures in Colorado, yet it can’t spare much for Centennial State shelters.
- BEEF magazine promotes a petition to strip HSUS of its non-profit status. Now enjoy this delicious strip steak recipe.
- Featured Shelter: Colorado’s All Aboard Animal Rescue (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)
The Humane Society of the United States markets itself as a moderate, cat-and-dog group, but it only spends 1% of the money it raises on pet shelters. Far from its crafted image as a mainstream group, HSUS is run by fanatical animal liberation activists—a number of whom have ties to the radical, pet-killing People for […]