Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- HSUS and Vick are still “teamed up” … and in related news, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has a new spokesman: U.S. Army Major Nidal Hasan (who is really, really sorry)
- Lincoln, NE eyewitness: Wayne Pacelle “eluded actually answering any of their [the audience's] questions” and then cut the meeting 45 minutes short
- North Dakota farming leader: HSUS collects millions because people think it's related to their local animal shelter
- HumaneWatch editor on HSUS and the Pepsi contest: “Why shouldn’t HSUS pony up to the trough? That’s really what they’re good at, is raising money.”
- Same HumaneWatch editor in Omaha: "The leader of HSUS doesn't believe there is such a thing as humane meat. He wants to make more and more of us vegetarians by making the cost of meat, eggs and dairy beyond the reach of consumers."
- Nebraska agriculture expert: HSUS and PETA are not out to change agriculture. “They’re out to completely destroy it.”
- Your Daily Shelter: The Cat House, Lincoln, Nebraska's largest no-kill cat shelter—which Wayne Pacelle ignored on Sunday (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)