Daily clippings culled from all over the electronic news world. (E-mail submissions for tomorrow.)
- President Obama lauds Michael Vick's "second chance" (but strangely, a Presidential invitation to house-sit for "Bo" was not forthcoming…)
- Crucial question: If HSUS "rescues" a dog and it's euthanized a few days later, was it really rescued in the first place?
- "Can The Humane Society of the U.S. Be Trusted?" asks a Yakima, WA columnist
- HSUS-funded group stays on offense, launches Missouri billboards in bid to avoid "Prop B" repeal
- We've struck a nerve in Missouri: Join the conversation here
- A small survey, but it makes a point: Even in Eugene, Oregon, most people think HSUS is a pet-shelter organization
- Humane Society International (HSI) has launched a Facebook page for its pricey eco-label scheme in Australia — only HSI's involvement is buried somewhere in the fine print
- Even "Process Church" cultist Michael Mountain (a.k.a. "Father Aaron") sees through Michael Vick's "gimme a pet" nonsense. Why can't Wayne Pacelle?
- Your Daily Shelter: Delaware Puppy Rescue (Donate. Volunteer. Adopt.)